The other day I was chatting on Facebook and a friend mentioned the amount of coffee consumed in the preparation of their Doctoral Thesis. I had agreed that my Masters was fueled by coffee and how remarkable it was that I had yet to do an assignment on the topic of coffee.
I am here today to remedy this...
Video 1: Part A - What I set out to learn, and what I found out.
Video #1 - Transcript and Summary
Video 2: Part B - A demonstration of what I learned.
What I learned from the Blog and Video links:
- I needed to use 3 heaping teaspoons of coffee
- I should use the disk to pack the coffee down more before pouring in the water
- I should also pour a small amount of water and let that soak and pack it in again to ensure that the drip is extra slow.
- To make it an "Americano" I should add approximately the same amount of water again on top of the slow drip coffee in the mug.
- If the coffee is still "strong" I can water it down a bit more and it cuts the sharpness. (this happened after the video!)