Sunday, April 13, 2014

CAI: Learning to make Vietnamese Slow Drip Coffee


The other day I was chatting on Facebook and a friend mentioned the amount of coffee consumed in the preparation of their Doctoral Thesis.  I had agreed that my Masters was fueled by coffee and how remarkable it was that I had yet to do an assignment on the topic of coffee.


I am here today to remedy this...


Video 1: Part A - What I set out to learn, and what I found out.



Video 2: Part B - A demonstration of what I learned.




What I learned from the Blog and Video links:

  • I needed to use 3 heaping teaspoons of coffee
  • I should use the disk to pack the coffee down more before pouring in the water
  • I should also pour a small amount of water and let that soak and pack it in again to ensure that the drip is extra slow.
  • To make it an "Americano" I should add approximately the same amount of water again on top of the slow drip coffee in the mug.
  • If the coffee is still "strong" I can water it down a bit more and it cuts the sharpness. (this happened after the video!)


Resources:

Vietnamese Coffee: by Craig Haller
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/04/vietnamese 

How to Brew Vietnamese Coffee: By Len Brault
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DwPGkq8SFE 

No comments:

Post a Comment